Thanks for the hint.
W.Braun

Dennis Cote wrote:
Mag. Wilhelm Braun wrote:

I thought that this might properly a bigger thing. Well, I found a solution which fits my purpose at the moment. ( SELECT txt FROM test WHERE txt=(SELECT max(CAST(txt AS REAL)) from test) )

I do not use selection of max() or min() very often - it seems it is the best suiting solution (effort - result) at the moment.

I think you should probably use a query like the following:

select txt from test where cast(txt as real) = (select max(cast(txt as real)) from test)

Which applies the same cast to each row for the comparison that it applied to each row for the max value determination. This cast may be done implicitly by SQLite, but it is probably safer to make it explicit.

HTH
Dennis Cote