On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 12:24:25PM +0000, Simon Davies wrote:

> Prob shd be http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ScrollingCursor

One question - using the example mentioned there:

If we've created an index: CREATE INDEX example1 ON tracks(singer, title);

So, it'll make the query, like below, much faster:

    SELECT title FROM tracks
     WHERE singer='Madonna'
       AND title<:firsttitle
     ORDER BY title DESC
     LIMIT 5;

...but I understand, that when I'll try to add in the query a field not
covered by index "example1", like this:

    SELECT title FROM tracks
     WHERE singer='Madonna'
       AND title<:firsttitle
       AND year_ed > 1985;

...so, then I'm losing every profit from having "example1" index, right? Or
perhaps "not quite every", and some speedup still remains - just because
_some_ columns are covered by example1 anyway?
--
                                pozdrawiam / regards

                                                Zbigniew Baniewski