Brown, Daniel wrote:
> I just ran Dennis's test databases through the test application and
> we're getting similar results:
>       1k Pages (17.4 MB) used 18102 KB High 20416 KB
>       4k Pages (12.2 MB) used 18102 KB, High 26416 KB (not sure why
> the high is higher?)
> My test database however with the same test application produces the
> following:
>       1k Pages (7.46 MB) used 22735 KB, High 25138 KB.

Its good to see you are getting the same results as me using my
databases. That rules out your build of sqlite and the build tolls. It
does look like your issue has to do with your data.

> So it looks my issue could be data related if my test database going
> through the same app is coming out so large, Dennis's database is
> expanding to about 101.6% of its original size but mine is expanding to
> 297.6% of its original size.  This begs the question is the 3rd party
> tool (SQLite Analyzer) I'm using to import from an excel file causing
> this expansion with bad data type choices?  And is there any other way
> to import table structure and contents from xls (or csv) to sqlite?

You could write one yourself in Python using the csv reader and the
pysqlite modules to read CSV files saved from excel and save the data
into an sqlite database. I doubt that will change your data much though.

Can you publish the schema of your database, and some typical data? It
may be a case of storing integers as text or something similar that is
causing the unexpectedly large expansion.

Dennis Cote