Patrick wrote:
> I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on the most ideal language
> to use with SQLite?
>
> I love Python but I LOVE SQLite, I would learn another language just to
> use it better-Patrick

According to a paper written by Richard Hipp (the creator of SQLite),
Tcl is the ideal language.  Here's a quote from the mentioned paper:

"The increasing popularity of SQLite is seen in the fact that the main
website daily serves about a gigabyte of data to around 3000 unique IP
addresses. SQLite has been eagerly embraced by PHP, Perl, and Python
programmers. What most of these enthusiastic users fail to realize is
that SQLite bindings for the three P-languages are an afterthought.
SQLite was designed from the beginning to be used with Tcl. Tcl bindings
have been in the SQLite core since before version 1.0 and almost half of
the SQLite source code base consists of regression test scripts written
in Tcl. SQLite wants to be programmed in Tcl, not those other languages."

The entire paper can be found here:

http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2004/Papers/D.RichardHipp/drh.html

Jeff