Mohit Sindhwani escribió:
> Jeff Godfrey wrote:
>
>> According to a paper written by Richard Hipp (the creator of SQLite),
>> Tcl is the ideal language.  Here's a quote from the mentioned paper:
>>
>> "The increasing popularity of SQLite is seen in the fact that the main
>> website daily serves about a gigabyte of data to around 3000 unique IP
>> addresses. SQLite has been eagerly embraced by PHP, Perl, and Python
>> programmers. What most of these enthusiastic users fail to realize is
>> that SQLite bindings for the three P-languages are an afterthought.
>> SQLite was designed from the beginning to be used with Tcl. Tcl bindings
>> have been in the SQLite core since before version 1.0 and almost half of
>> the SQLite source code base consists of regression test scripts written
>> in Tcl. SQLite wants to be programmed in Tcl, not those other languages."
>>
>> The entire paper can be found here:
>>
>> http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2004/Papers/D.RichardHipp/drh.html
>>

> While that's true, Ruby works really well with SQLite!

Ruby rocks. C# rocks. D rocks. I used ruby in a project and i am very
happy. /gem install sqlite3/-ruby ...
This 3 languages are completed from the begining and with different uses.

For me the universe must be in C and autocreate bindings to other
languages is direct if the C APi is well designed.
http://live.gnome.org/Vala
http://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection
If you design a masterful API in C, you can access to all languages like
JAVA, c#, ruby, python, PERL,D, C++, ...
This is the perfect sample of this API:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/2.18/
This is the perfect sample of a full Object oriented API in C with Gobject:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/

I doubt SQLite was more apropiate to use in TCL. I see the C API of
SQlite very clean and easy to hack in other languages.

In my opinion TCL.like perl,  is death and sucks in my opinion.
Ofusctated life...

PD: I was PERL user in the past and i change it for ruby.

Regards