ivo welch wrote:
> Sqlite is a wonderful program.  A big thanks to its creator.  As a new
> user, the following are nuisances, though, so I thought I would
> register these as simple suggestions:
>
> * SHOW columns FROM table    --- would be a great addition, if only
> for compatibility with MySQL.  Aside, it is easier to remember than a
> pragma.

This is done pretty easily. With sqlite3 do a .schema and it will tell
you what tables are in the database, as well as the command used to
create them.

> * Two simple functions would make SQLite much more useful to me are:
>
> [1] the simple logarithm function "log" or "ln" (which would make a
> power function easy),
>
> [2] the aggregate function "standard deviation"   (which together with
> the average may well be the most commonly used statistical function).
>

> * sqlitebrowser is very buggy under linux when it comes to importing
> csv files.  often, nothing happens.  sometimes, trying a second import
> works.  just buggy.
>

> These should all be trivially easy to add (I hope).  A more complex
> request would be to build an "import csv file" functionality into
> sqlite itself, but this could have other negative consequences.

sqlitebrowser is not authored by the sqlite people, so if it doesn't
work you should report it to them.

Sqlite3 does have a .import option that works for CSV files great. I've
used it several times and it works great.