> Right, does sound easy. But what if I am on a Mac (which I am), but
> don't want network shares support (which I don't, well, not because I
> have anything against it, but I just don't need it) in case it comes
> with some side-effects?

Well, when you're using the SQLite that shipped on your Mac (or newer
version that shipped as part of your latest Mac OS X upgrade), then
network shares support is already enabled by default. If you manually
compile a newer version of SQLite, then network share support will
suddenly disappear. This is inconsistent.

The inconsistency also spreads to make some GUI apps support network
share support (those that use Mac OS X's built in library or are smart
enough to have "fixed" the omission in their included  SQLite source
code), while others don't (such as those powered by the Zentus JDBC
which uses the default SQLite source code settings).

Of course, if you want to disable network share support for some
reason in your own compile, you'd be free to override the flag.

Thanks,
Tom
BareFeet