On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Peter Haworth <p...@mollysrevenge.com> wrote:
> Yes, the analyzer is the only precompiled binary I see on the sqlite
> download page
>
> The group_concat function works fine in the Firefox SQLite Manager
> extension on the same Mac where it fails within sqlite3.  Also, the
> development software I'm using (Revolution) also rejects the
> group_concat function.
>
> I would have thought that the sqlite code would have been in a central
> library somewhere on my machine for any programs that make calls to
> it, but based on the above, it seems that each program has it's own
> private sqlite library of sqlite calls?

That is the whole idea behind sqlite... you embed it in your program,
and your program gets its own private db server, client, magic.

Installing sqlite on Mac OS X is extremely easy, but you do have to
have the free Xcode/developer tools installed (on your OS CD, or
freely downloadable from Apple's website).

Download the source, untar/gzip it, then

sqlite-src > ./configure
sqlite-src > make
sqlite-src > sudo make install

that above commands will build sqlite and put it in the "central"
place that you desire, that is, under /usr/local/ and then you can use
them from anywhere. Of course, programs that have their own built in
sqlite will continue to function with those built in versions until
they are individually updated.

Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org