On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:17:28PM +0000, Simon Slavin scratched on the wall:

> On 10 Feb 2010, at 7:51pm, Ibrahim A wrote:
>
> > An "INTEGER PRIMARY KEY" is at least twice as fast as another type of
> > PRIMARY KEY,
> > the reason is based on the implementation of the engine. An integer
> > primary key substitutes the rowid column of a table.
>
> But that's true only if you're running a SELECT which actually uses
> that column and only that column to do the searching.

  It is actually much, much more complex.  It depends on what you're
  searching on, what you're searching for, what other columns you want,
  how the index is built, and about seven other things.

   -j

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs.  We have
 a protractor."   "I'll go home and see if I can scrounge up a ruler
 and a piece of string."  --from Anathem by Neal Stephenson