On Mon, 17 May 2010 22:55:47 -0700, Matt Young
<youngsan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I have that problem.  A solution is an ultra lite SQLite window to
>play along side existing spread sheet packages. Then just get read and
>write to the spreadsheet happening.

Right. There a millions of users who have stuffed data in Excel
because DBs are just too hard for non-programmers, but, besides making
it not very good to create new records/rows, at some point, they're
stuck when they need to SELECT data since Excel isn't a DBMS.

OTOH, I never used spreadsheets much: Does Excel/OO come with a good
scripting language that could read files/sheets looking for data, ie.
poor man's SQL?