Gilles Ganault schrieb:
> On Fri, 21 May 2010 12:11:39 +0200, Jean-Denis Muys
> <jdm...@kleegroup.com> wrote:
>> Well the answer is: any language with an external interface to the C ABI can
>> link to the SQLite compiled C object code
>
> Thanks for the explanation. Ideally, the executable should be a
> simpler language than C that would still be able to include SQLite so
> that I would end up with a single executable.
>
> Apparently, there are two solutions:
> - use C/C++, and just include sqlite.c + sqlite.h in the project
> - compile the SQLite source code into OBJ, compile this OBJ with the
> executable, and somehow call the SQLite functions from the main
> program.
>
> Does someone know of a BASIC-like language (ie. with an easy syntax
> like Python, Lua, etc.) that can include the SQLite OBJ file?

Well, Tcl/Tk is one solution with an easy syntax and good sqlite
support. If you used starkits/starpacks you can wrap all those things up
into single file executables on many platforms easily too.

But Python, Lua etc. have useful SQLite bindings too, so pick whatever
language you feel comfortable with, most have a working SQLite binding.

Michael

--
Michael Schlenker
Software Architect

CONTACT Software GmbH           Tel.:   +49 (421) 20153-80
Wiener Straße 1-3               Fax:    +49 (421) 20153-41
28359 Bremen
http://www.contact.de/          E-Mail: m...@contact.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bremen
Geschäftsführer: Karl Heinz Zachries, Ralf Holtgrefe
Eingetragen im Handelsregister des Amtsgerichts Bremen unter HRB 13215