Ah, an opportunity for another purist tirade presents itself.

I don't have a hack for SQLite but something I consider to be a much better
practice that accomplishes the same goal. If your business rules would
declare that rows with value X in column Y no longer belong to the set, the
most straightforward way to implement such a rule is to move those rows to
another table where they do belong. Use an after update/insert trigger to do
this

Splitting the rows into separate tables In that manner, you could move an
inactive|invisible row back into active|visible status if the need should
ever arise, simply by changing the column value and moving the row back into
the active table. Under the partial index method, how would you ever find a
row again once it has become invisible, unless you were perhaps to change or
suspend the partial index rule, and cause the missing rows to reappear?

The partial index is one very messy thing, fraught with ambiguities,
something to avoid.  I can imagine other business rules being really
bollixed up by the sudden reappearance of zombie rows.

Regards
Tim Romano
Swarthmore PA

   on the Gender column.