>From: "Olaf Schmidt" <s...@online.de>
>Wednesday, November 10, 2010 9:07:19 AM
>
>[Stored procedures in SQLite]
>
>IMO stored procedure-support only makes sense in "Server-Instances" which run
>on
>their own...

I disagree.  The overall design and structure of applications using SQLite and
therefor SQLite itself would benefit from SQLite supporting stored procedures.
This would allow all code necessary for enforcing the business rules of the
data
to be stored in the database itself.  This is just a good basic design
principal.

Please don't anyone take this comment wrongly.  I really like SQLite and I am
very committed to its use in my projects.  Many thanks to all who make SQLite
possible.  It is an excellent product.  And the support available through this
mailing list is truly top notch.  I have paid (sometimes dearly) for a lot less
competent and complete support.

Jeff Archer
Nanotronics Imaging
jsarc...@nanotronicsimaging.com