On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Marc <cpm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And another is it recommended to do a pragma integrity check every time
> that
> our applications is launched?

to the things Simon wrote I'd add another variant for you. Your program can
detect presence of journal file during the start (for example just checking
the existence of a file named with the -journal ending) and if it is found,
you can show some info about possible power failure or program error and
suggest checking the data for consistency (reminding the user that sometimes
it may take some time). It's similar to windows when unexpected power
failure left some file operations in unknown state.

Btw, question to the list, did I miss something or PRAGMAs don't use
progress callbacks? I know that for most of them it doesn't make sense, but
playing with integrity_check today, I could not interrupt the query while
any other general query can be interrupted with progress callbacks.

Max Vlasov