Thanks for replying

> You've probably used the wrong form of quotes somewhere and either your
> database fields or your SELECT has the n with some form of quote marks around
> it.  Try using the command-line tool with exactly this request:

I tried everything through the command line tool. "select * from
symbols where pattern = 'n'"  return nothing. "select pattern from
symbols" returns 2 rows with no quotes or white spaces. Just to ensure
white spaces are not there, I tried "select length(pattern) from
symbols" and it return two rows with length 1.

> Using the sqlite3 command line tool, try:

> .mode insert
> select * from symbols;

> Reply here with one of the lines showing an 'n'. The insert syntax should
> make it clear what's going on.

That is a nice trick. But it shows the proper values.

INSERT INTO table VALUES('co','n','','',0);
INSERT INTO table VALUES('vo','a','','',0);

> This mailing list does not allow attachments: most of the people who read it
> won't read most of the messages.

I was not aware of this. Thanks for pointing it out.

--
Navaneeth