On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Lynton Grice
<lynton.gr...@logosworld.com>wrote:

> So in my mind I am thinking that perhaps I can LIMIT the size of the
> SQLIte DB to say 5 MB? And once the DB reaches that size it starts
> INSERTING new logs over the earliest records in the database?
>
> Is this possible?

The API doesn't provide a way to do this, but i have done the following in
the past... keep a counter in the log function, and every (say) 100 calls,
run a DELETE to clean up what you want. In my case i simply got the ID of
the last-inserted log entry and ran DELETE ... WHERE ID<(the_last_id-100).

Not a perfect solution, but for simple apps it suffices.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/