On 19 mai 2011, at 17:32, Chris Dillman wrote:

> On 5/19/11 10:26 AM, "Richard Hipp" <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Chris Dillman <
>> chris.dill...@zenimaxonline.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Im having a lot of trouble getting a working build up and running.
>>>

>> You are building from the canonical source code, consisting of about 100
>> separate source files?
>
> No
>

>> The SQLite amalgamation would probably better
>> serve your purpose.  It's just two files:  sqlite3.c and sqlite3.h.  There
>> is no configure script or makefile. No parameters to set.  Nothing to go
>> wrong.  You just add sqlite3.[ch] to your application and compile.
>
> Interesting.
> Since the down load I have of that does come with config and make and make
> is setting a number of flags.
>
> Either way I believe we originally built from the amalgamation code with
> now flags set just simple drag the code in.
> It still always throw errors in mutex code or originally in the malloc
> code on open.
>
> Which is the same error reported some months ago on OS 10.4
>
> His issues went away on 10.6 tho... So its not help.
>
> I am on 10.6.x now.

Anecdotally, I had no issue including SQLite in my Xcode project. The
amalgamation distribution I downloaded contained four files:

- shell.c: I don't use that. I suppose it is the command-line sqlite3
executable.
- sqlite3ext.h: I don't use that. I suppose it is a header that SQLite
extension authors will need to use
- sqlite3.c
- sqlite3.h

The last two are the two files I included in my project. That's it. Working
like a charm using Xcode 4.

Jean-Denis