2011/10/23 Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org>

> In this example, the indexed column is a text column.  The text fields
> could have been very long, and checking long text fields for uniqueness can
> involve comparing every byte.  Nevertheless, I do not understand the results
> you quoted.  I wonder whether some use of transactions would have vastly
> reduced the problem.

In my case, the indexed column is a text column too, and the original author
already stated he batched the inserts into transactions, and made use of
PRAGMA statements. Only after pre-sorting the data, the problem disappeared,
but I'd rather avoid having to pre-sort everything (because SQLite's C code
should be able to do it faster, than my C# code).