Thanks,
FYI, while it was a bad code styling on my behalf (I just did it for
showing en example) this was not my problem .
creating 20000 short strings does not takes 20 seconds :)
also note, that when avoiding sqlite3_reset and creating new sqlite3_stmt
every time (and still creating those redundant string), there is no
performance overhead.

the real problem is the fact that each time, a new transaction was created
(see Richard's reply).
by doing BEGIN and clutter all operations under one transaction, the
program fly,