On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Gert Van Assche <ger...@datamundi.be>wrote:

> I would like to understand how a PHP web page communicates with  SQLite. I
> know something about SQLite, but nothing or not a lot about PHP. I have
> questions like this:

  - How does one take input from an input field or a check box and use it
>   for doing an "INSERT" for instance?

  - How does one do a SELECT query based on what has been selected from a
>   dropdown box?

It sounds like you need a PHP list, not the sqlite list. i personally
recommend the PHP PDO API:

http://php.net/manual/en/book.pdo.php

You're trying to collapse 3 different topics into an sqlite discussion:
HTML, PHP, and sqlite. Both of the above have to do with HTML and/or PHP,
not sqlite.

>   - How do you fill a dropdown box with values retrieved from a table?

http://www.php.net/manual/en/pdo.prepare.php
http://www.php.net/manual/en/pdostatement.fetch.php

Does anyone have an example that I could use? I want to see if I can make a
> mockup with PHP & SQLite.

Google for "php sqlite example" and you'll find tons. But you need to first
figure out which sqlite API you want to use. There are 2 or 3 active sqlite
APIs for PHP (i personally prefer PDO but others on this list can/will
likely recommend other APIs).

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/