On 14 Nov 2011, at 5:53pm, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I recommend against formulating the SQL statements in Javascript.
> Because if I find that page, I _will_ try to inject my own SQL.

My code on the PHP side executes only the first SQL command.  And there a hash.
 But yes, people should be careful with doing things like that.

Unfortunately there are no secure ways to communicate between JavaScript and
PHP.  Because whatever you do, you're still sending a text string from one to
another.  You might have a protocol that the text string is XML or JSON but
when it comes down to it, you hacker will figure that out too.  It's a nasty
security problem with AJAX/SOAP/REST web apps which will be solved only when we
all move to persistent SQL datastores or to websockets, both of which are in
HTML5.

Simon.