Od: "Filip Navara" Komu: General Discussion of SQLite Database Datum: 14.11.2011 11:17
Předmět: Re: [sqlite] 3.7.7.1 database corruption

Hi Alexandr,

the mailing list doesn't allow attachments. Please send us the output
of "pragma integrity_check;" on the corrupted database file. Also, is
the database used in WAL mode?

Best regards,
Filip Navara

2011/11/14 Alexandr Němec :
Dear all,

we are using SQLite in our projects. We are using the 3.7.7.1 version
compiled on Windows platform from the amalgamation file. One of our servers
crashed badly (power outage) and after the server restarted, we saw that the
database was corrupt (all queries we tried return SQLITE_CORRUPT). We had a
look at http://www.sqlite.org/howtocorrupt.html and verified, that the
hardware (disk, memory) of the server should be ok - we used some hardware
tools to check. In the past we already had some crash situations and SQLite
could recover from the crash nicely, so we were surprised that after this
crash the database was corrupt. In fact, we cant create a repro, because we
do not know, what the server was exactly doing, so it might be difficult to
find the reason, but we saved the corrupted database in the hope, that
somebody from the develpers (maybe) could put some light on this problem.
Because the database is rather small and is used to save some configuration
data only, I have att
ached it to this message.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Alex