Can't you just copy the DLL into the application directory?

That just does what the app ought to do (if they don't already).

Then you might have to turn off safe DLL mode to find the correct DLL unless
you remove the system one.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682586(v=vs.85).aspx#standard_search_order_for_desktop_applications

Michael D. Black

Senior Scientist

Advanced Analytics Directorate

Advanced GEOINT Solutions Operating Unit

Northrop Grumman Information Systems