On 29 Jan 2012, at 3:11pm, Shahar Weinstein wrote:

> the sqlite database I'm using is failing to
> serve one update from one process.
> and this problem comes and goes, and when it comes, it stays for some time.

Is this for a web-facing service ?  In other words, someone looks up a page on
a web site and the web server needs access to the database to decide what to
put on the page ?

If so, you need to be aware that the web server can create multiple processes
to do its job.  In other words, you may have written only one application, but
the web server may make one process to answer each web request.  So you can
still end up with multiple processes even if you didn't write more than one app.

Simon.