Hello Yahoo,

Another possible solution seeing you're on the Android platform and writing in
Java is to use a less high tech solution and store an
additional column with a copy of the text you're searching where you've
stripped the accents out and use that for the search instead.
It would use additional storage but would give you the control you're after in
a simple manner.

Regards,

Karl Edwall