On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Sidney Cadot <sid...@jigsaw.nl> wrote:

> What I was wondering is whether the SQLite docs (written by you, I
> presume) express a preference for using SQLite3 via inclusion of the
> source (amalgamation) into ones project, vs. using a pre-compiled
> library (as could be provided, for example, by a linux distribution).

Separate files vs. amalgamation, and statically vs. dynamic linking of
sqlite are two completely orthogonal issues.

The manual section you quote refers only to the first of the two issue.

With regard to the second issue, several experienced people, including
Richard Hipp, have expressed the opinion in more than one occasion
that statically linking sqlite avoids some problems that can happen
otherwise.

Evaluating the pro and the contra of the two choices for each
particular project is a task that only the people involved in the
project can perform.

Hope this helps.
P.