On 30/06/2012 12:19 AM, Black, Michael (IS) wrote:

It persists across a reboot?

You can create a database, delete it, reboot, and your app will still see the original table?

All I can say is wow...your system is really hosed.

Even anti-virus shouldn't cause that. This would infer some sort of caching that is semi-permanent.

Have you got a 2nd computer you can test this on?

Would you be willing to share your app so others can check this? As "House" used to say..."interesting".

Not only my app, the sqlite shell will see it too. Regarding my second message - I was talking about this same screwed-up folder, so yes, I can create a new db in a new folder and it's fine. It's only when I try anything in this folder that things go amok (at least it's localized to this folder so far).

I'll do testing on another machine and I'll do a full chkdsk here as well tomorrow.

Most likely - it is my box that's causing this. Unless SQLite does any sort of real low-level disk access, bypassing standard OS, then it's unlikely that it somehow caused this to happen, but it would be good to rule this out somehow.

I can share the app (not the source of course), sure, but I don't know if that'll help in any way?

   Dennis