On 30/06/2012 10:32 AM, Donald Griggs wrote:
Regarding:

Could it be that the .ext is used by the OS or other apps with some
caching  scheme?

Well, this symptom is so amazingly strange, it undeniably belongs in the
           Ext Files.

(To those outside the U.S -- this is just a joke on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X-Files
)
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X-Files>

The real extension I use is ".krr", so it's unique, as far as I know, but thanks for the thought! And yes, I wouldn't be surprised if Moulder showed up at the door :)

I ran a full disk check (/f /v /r /x), but the issue is still there.

I'm out of ideas at this point and to continue development I'll need to hard-code a different path into the app, so that this bogus file is not read, but I'd really like to get to the bottom of this.

Imagine this happening on a client/user's machine...

   Dennis