Am 2012-06-30 12:06, schrieb Dennis Volodomanov:
On 30/06/2012 7:47 PM, Marcus Grimm wrote:
Here is another theory:

Maybe you run into an issue with Windows 7 Virtualization,
I did run into a similar effect with the registry access/write
sometime go - mainly with Windows 7 Home Editions,
by reading this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927387/EN-US

It suggests that something similar can also apply on files in
certain programdata folders.

I think you just nailed it! From that link, Scenario 4 - I go into
that Virtual folder and lo and behold - there's only file there and
it's my app's database! I've killed that and then tried the usual
sqlite shell routine and it's all back to normal (e.g. there is no
data in the database file, which is all correct). Wow :)

Cool... :-)

Boy... isn't that crazy what WIndows occasionally does just to follow
some overzealous security constrains ?

Sometimes I really glorify the good old windows NT / Win2000 times.

Marcus

Thank you for solving this and hopefully this helps someone in the
future facing the same problem - if you are using Windows 7 (Ultimate
in my case) and you see a file which shouldn't be there, check the
link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927387/EN-US and see if any of
the scenarios listed there apply to you.

   Dennis