Hello,

thanks for the replies!

A sample Mountain-unreadable file is here:
http://www.superflexible.com/broken.sql

Works fine under Snow Leopard.

I get the same results when using my own application as when using
/usr/bin/sqlite3. So, we can concentrate on the sqlite3 command line tool.

I noticed that with the new sqlite version, I can no longer use the
CONSTRAINT keyword. In other words, in a CREATE TABLE script, I
had to change this:
CONSTRAINT PK_SECTIONS PRIMARY KEY (ID),
to this:
PRIMARY KEY (ID),

And the new sqlite version can't read the old sqlite files.

But there may be more to it.

And pragma integrity_check reports:
Error: malformed database schema (DATA) - near "CONSTRAINT":
syntax error

And a .dump results in an incomplete dump, otherwise it would be easy
for me to convert/fix the database.

The .dump does not give me any of the contents of the table DATA.

Cheers,
Tobias