On 31/10/2012 9:54 AM, Samuel Neff wrote:
We wrote a query and intended to use a "natural" join but had a typo and
wrote "natrual" join instead.  We were surprised this query was processed
without error and performed a cross join.
That must have been a delightful one to track down...

It's due to the (non-standard?) support for specifing table aliases without the keyword AS. In other words, sqlite3 sees the following as identical:

sqlite> select natral.* from a natral join b;
sqlite> select natral.* from a as natral join b;

... and will reject this:
sqlite> select a.* from a natral join b;

Whether this is a bug or a feature, I'm not sure... but it clearly had an unintended consequence in your case.

Ryan