SQLite 2.x shouldn't be used.  Its old, and I'm not even sure its in
'maintenance mode' anymore.

The PHP version you've installed via WAMP includes the libraries for SQLite
2.x but PROBABLY not for SQLite 3.x by default.  You'll need to install the
packages.  http://php.net/manual/en/book.sqlite3.php

I don't have a Mac (Wife does, but I get ill when I even look at it... ...
fortunately she doesn't read this particular mailing list.  Not to mention
I kind of like sleeping in a bed by allowing it on MY network. ;) ) but I
suspect that either SQLite is completely REMOVED from the MAMP version, or,
its using SQLite 3 which would probably require your getting into a bit of
OOP and using PDO.  PDO isn't a different beast from what PHP4 defaulted
with, but, it is with different mechanisms to get it working.