Hello Akintoye,

A common problem I ran into with the transition from XP to anything
newer is that the user folders changed. So, what was a legal
read/write folder in XP wasn't in Vista+. I had the folder embedded in
the  configuration file so, when they brought their old configurations
forward, they were pointed at the wrong folder.

Easy way to determine if this is the case it to right click the
application and "Run as Administrator". If it starts working then you
know the problem is permissions.

For my users, the choice is to move the file, change the permissions,
re-install  or just "Run as Administrator" (which I suggested they not
do).

AOB7L> Thanks, will try this suggestions and post results.

AOB7L> - Akintoye

AOB7L> ----- Original Message -----
AOB7L> From: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
AOB7L> To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
AOB7L> At: Jan 30 2014 10:44:45

AOB7L> On 01/30/2014 10:19 PM, Akintoye Olorode (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN) wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have one client that recently upgraded from WinXP SP3 to Win7 sp1
>> (Japanese Language). With new OS, attempts to access read from our sqlite
>> database fails with disk I/O error.
>>
>> Can anyone help with  suggestions on how to troubleshoot disk I/O error ?
>> Adding call to sqlite3_config(SQLITE_CONFIG_LOG, ...) produces no additional
>> information.
>>
>> We have not been able to reproduce the error in-house.The user has HP ENVY
>> laptop with hybrid drive. User has tried :
>>
>> 1. Install latest file system drivers
>> 2. reformat the hard-drive & reinstall Win7 OS
>>

>> all to no avail. Client does not report problems with any other applications.

AOB7L> Immediately after the error occurs, what value is returned by
AOB7L> the sqlite3_extended_errcode() function? Often the extended error
AOB7L> code identifies the specific IO operation that failed, which can
AOB7L> shed light on the problem.

AOB7L> Another thing to do is to try compiling with the following defines:

AOB7L>    -DSQLITE_DEBUG=1 -DSQLITE_DEBUG_OS_TRACE=1

AOB7L> This causes the Windows VFS module to print various messages to
AOB7L> standard output that should help to figure out what is happening.

AOB7L> Dan.

AOB7L> sqlite-users mailing list
AOB7L> sqlite-users@sqlite.org

AOB7L> sqlite-users mailing list