On 02/20/2014 09:29 PM, Akintoye Olorode (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN) wrote:
Our client  got the following print-out. First hint of failure is the line "TRUNCATE
48 32768 failed". Any insights into what the root cause might be ?

The operation that is failing is (probaby) an attempt to
use SetEndOfFile() to extend the size of the *-shm file to
32KB (from 0KB). I have no idea why it is failing.

What version of SQLite is this? Newer versions provide more
detail for debugging, particularly if you also turn on
sqlite3_log() logging:

  http://sqlite.org/c3ref/log.html

Dan.

OPEN 40 D:\blp\wintrv\smartclient\applications\appinfo.db 0xc0000000 ok
READ 40 lock=0
LOCK 40 1 was 0(0)
READ 40 lock=1
OPEN 44 D:\blp\wintrv\smartclient\applications\appinfo.db-wal 0xc0000000 ok
OPEN 48 D:\blp\wintrv\smartclient\applications\appinfo.db-shm 0xc0000000 ok
SHM-LOCK 48 ok LockFileEx 0x00000000
TRUNCATE 48 0
TRUNCATE 48 0 ok
SHM-LOCK 48 ok UnlockFileEx 0x00000000
SHM-LOCK 48 ok LockFileEx 0x00000000
SHM-LOCK 48 ok LockFileEx 0x00000000
SHM-LOCK shmid-0, pid-7308 got 000,001 ok
TRUNCATE 48 32768
TRUNCATE 48 32768 failed
SHM-LOCK 48 ok UnlockFileEx 0x00000000
SHM-LOCK shmid-0, pid-7308 got 000,000 ok
Error occurred-> SQLITE_IOERR[10]: disk I/O error
LOCK 40 4 was 1(0)
unreadlock = 1
TRUNCATE 48 32768
TRUNCATE 48 32768 failed
CLOSE 48
CLOSE 48 ok
CLOSE 44
CLOSE 44 ok
UNLOCK 40 to 0 was 4(0)
CLOSE 40
CLOSE 40 ok
OPEN 44 D:\blp\wintrv\smartclient\applications\appinfo.backup.db 0xc0000000 ok
READ 44 lock=0
LOCK 44 1 was 0(0)
DELETE "D:\blp\wintrv\smartclient\applications\appinfo.backup.db-wal" failed
UNLOCK 44 to 0 was 1(0)
LOCK 44 1 was 0(0)
DELETE "D:\blp\wintrv\smartclient\applications\appinfo.backup.db-wal" failed
UNLOCK 44 to 0 was 1(0)
UNLOCK 44 to 0 was 0(0)
CLOSE 44
CLOSE 44 ok