On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 4:45 AM, Max Vlasov <max.vla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > probably was discussed and modified before, but I still can not
> understand
> > some peculiarities with random column values.
> >

> It is undefined behavior, subject to change depending the specific version
> of SQLite, compile-time options, optimization settings, and the whim of the
> query planner.

Thanks, this makes sense.

Assuming there are time related functions, user function with undefined
values etc, may I generalize this into "an expression is guaranteed to have
the same value in any context only if it is always return the same output
for the same input"?

Interesting, the problem probably arises since sometimes the symbols in the
result columns are easy to interpret mentally like "states" to be used
further, but they look more like macros to be substituted.

Max