On 23 May 2014, at 7:53pm, Humblebee <fantasia.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a question: "so every time you run a query against  a view,
> that view's query is run/updated if not cached ".
>
> Does this mean that if the View is Temporary, then it's not cached?
> and for normal views, it's cached?

The data associated with a VIEW are never stored at all.  Creating a view is
more like a way of saving a SELECT statement in your database.  When you use a
VIEW in a later statement SQL executes the SELECT at that point.  So the
command needed to reproduce the view can be stored in your database, or it can
be TEMP, but the data it would produce is not stored.

This is oversimplification since the SELECT itself is never executed, SQLite
just figures out how the results would be used in your later statement, but you
understand what I mean.

Simon.