>> 'localtime' and 'utc' modifiers.
>
>Ah! I have not explained my issue properly :)  I'm very sorry about that.
>
>I'm using SQLite as a backend to a small website and I have users in
>multiple timezones. When users login, their timezone is retrieved from
>the user table.
>
>Really sorry for the confusion. Late night.

Store and retrieve everything in the database in Zulu time.  Whether this means
using timestrings, UNIX timestamps, JD or MJD floats is up to you.  The
application (user interface) is responsible for converting retrieved data to
the "display timezone" on output and convert data from the "input timezone" on
input.

This is the only reliable way to handle multiple timezones.  There are lots of
moronic ways and five-nines (asctually more like nine-nines) of all software
written use those moronic methods and for that reason do not work properly
("not work properly" being defined as anything somewhere between producing
incorrect or ludicrously entertaining results and just puking all over the
floor).  In many cases "not working" but "not puking" is acceptable provided
that the moronic behaviour is internally consistent.  In others, "not working"
is fatal.

If your "front-end" programming language cannot handle time and timezones
properly and you need to support multiple timezones, then you have chosen the
wrong front-end language and/or datetime/timezone handling library.  Stay away
from anything Microsoft as it is hopeless at dealing with datetime data and
timezone conversion.