On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Roger Binns <rog...@rogerbinns.com> wrote:
> Why do you even need to store their timezone?  The only time it would matter
> is if you are showing one user what another users local time is.

Users travel; they don't have a single timezone.  What matters is: the
TZ when a user posted / did something, so you can have a vague idea of
when they might be sleeping / unavailable.

In practice asking a user for their timezone every time they login is
obnoxious.  And they might travel without logging out.

Ideally we'd all just use Zulu time all the time, but that won't fly.