Actually what Rob and I were pointing out was that the chances of showing
up in Taiwan when you're in Tennessee is actually quite high in a corporate
environment - he gets moved from the UK to Germany, I get moved from
Australia to Phoenix, AZ, my wife gets moved from Australia to Switzerland
and that's just a random sample.  It's not uncommon at all for large
companies to route traffic through a single gateway, and as a result using
geolocation to detect timezones is very prone to problems if people want to
access a site from inside a large company, whereas using client-based logic
avoids this.