Has anyone thought in some detail about what it would it take to add window
functions to SQLite?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/tutorial-window.html

For data analysis shops like us (think SAS + baroquely complex Excel + lots
of graphs), SQLite with window functions would be immense.  One the reasons
we don't migrate to more SQL is the need for a server for systems like
PostgreSQL in order to use features like window functions.

I am not promising anything, but I would be interested in a sketch of it
might take a hacker to add these to SQLite -- what files need to be touched,
what sections of the lemon parser, etc.

Thanks, especially for your patience if this just noise.