On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 1:21 PM, forkandwait <webb.spra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > You used the word "immense" which I like - it is an apt description of
> the
> > knowledge and effort needed to add windowing functions to SQLite (and
> > probably any other database engine for that matter).
>
> Hehe.  I would be interested in any of your specific thoughts on the
> immensity of it.  I can imagine that most of the work would be in the
> parser, but things always simpler to non-experts ;)

Parsing is the easy part.  The tricky part is the code generator - the
piece that takes the abstract syntax tree that the parser generates and
turns it into bytecode that renders the desired output, taking care to
correctly handle the myriad corner cases.   Then comes the tedious part of
writing 100% MC/DC test cases.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org