Hello Paul,

What programming language are you using to devel with?

Using C++, I "deploy" sqlite by building the lib and static linking it
into  my  program.  No  DLL's or install is needed. Sounds like you're
doing something significantly more complicated than that though.

PB> SQLite is a great database, but I've had nothing but problems deploying it
PB> to a clean machine. There is supposed to be nothing extra to do when moving
PB> the files from the bin directory to the target machine, but then I hear
PB> rumblings about an unknown missing C++ redistribution package that may need
PB> to be added.   All my deployment problems must be something that I'm doing
PB> or not doing. Since I need to use Entity Framework, I started off by
PB> installing sqlite-netFx451-setup-bundle-x86-2013-1.0.92.0.exe.  Since the
PB> deployment has been such a nightmare, I looked around and saw some
PB> instructions on using the NuGet package.  I installed the Nuget package, and
PB> that pretty much corrupted my project and maybe my Visual Studio
PB> installation, so I've decided to start fresh.

PB> It would be tremendously helpful if you could point me in the correct
PB> direction for installing SQLite into my Visual Studio 2013 installation.
PB> There seems to be so many pieces and different instructions that I'm
PB> confused.  Do I use the sqlite-net bundle (maybe I'm using the wrong one) to
PB> install, or do I use NuGet or perhaps both?   It would seem that using the
PB> NuGet package would be best, but when I install the NuGet package into a
PB> clean environment (yes I've done this several times), it's never compatible
PB> with Entity Framework, or maybe I'm implementing it incorrectly. When using
PB> the NuGet package SQLite never comes up as a database option for the ADO.net
PB> Entity Data Model.

PB> Please help me.  At this point, I'm desperate for an installation where I
PB> can copy the compiled files from the bin directory to a clean machine and
PB> have it run.

PB> I'm running: Windows 7 - 64 bit and Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate. My target
PB> machines could be either 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7 machines.

PB> Your help is tremendously appreciated,

PB> PDB

Best regards,
 Teg                            mailto:t...@djii.com