Hi SQLite Team:

I second Nico's suggestion.  We are finding new usage with SQLite especially
with virtual tables.  I understand the teams commitment to backwards
compatibility.  Maybe some time in the future a version 4 be started that
incorporates many new advancement in the industry.  Version 3 can still be
continued for backwards compatibility and version 4 will break some but set the
stage for the future.

I am interested in the VM to iterate through batches instead of single row at a
time.  This opens up new frontier using GPUs  as suggested by Tom Gaill of
linaro from his email:

One data point I'll add, this spring I worked on accelerating sqlite

using OpenCL. I was getting a 7x-25x perf improvement on ARM hardware

with a Mali 604T GPU.

and also from this link:
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~skadron/Papers/bakkum_sqlite_tr.pdf

Would higher concurrency produce between throughput in a low latency
environment? For example, "union all" of several external tables.  Instead of
sequentially doing one table at time, how about  scanning them in parallel?

Thanks.