Exactly.  Can someone put this link of the SQLite home page?  I didn't know it
existed.  I will read it and post my comments later.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org>
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Wed, Nov 5, 2014 2:09 pm
Subject: Re: [sqlite] SQLite as a meta database

On 5 Nov 2014, at 9:28pm, Edward Lau <elau1...@aim.com> wrote:

> Maybe some time in the future a version 4 be started that incorporates many
new advancement in the industry.  Version 3 can still be continued for
backwards
compatibility and version 4 will break some but set the stage for the future.

Like this, you mean ?

<https://sqlite.org/src4/doc/trunk/www/design.wiki>

You might be particularly interested in the fact that there will be two
different types of storage engine, both pluggable:

<https://sqlite.org/src4/doc/trunk/www/storage.wiki>

I don't understand the details on that page, but one of those two looks like it
may allow more flexibility for external data supply than the current virtual
table implementation.  But I may have misunderstood that.

Simon.