On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Marc L. Allen <mlal...@outsitenetworks.com>
wrote:

> I'm not sure I'd even consider it broken.

​Well, to some on that forum: "If it doesn't work the way that _I_ want,
then it is ipso-facto broken". And I forgot the <grin/> in my message.
Sorry.​

> SQLite is wonderful.  Simply wonderful.  Code size and amount of features
> forced into it impresses me no end.  But, it was never intended to run with
> the big dogs.  The fact that, quite often, it can is a tribute to the
> people that work on it.

​I completely agree. I took the source code and copied to my z/OS mainframe
operating system. This system is a UNIX branded system. But is very weird.
Mainly in that it does not use ASCII or Unicode, but another coding
sequence called EBCDIC. Dr. Hipp already had the EBCDIC code in SQLite.
And, despite not having access to a z/OS system (as I understand it), the
code compiled and ran cleanly on z/OS "out of the box". Amazing!​

> When making a 'lite' version of something, it's normal to eliminate
> difficult or intensive features that can be lived without.  I think this is
> one of them.

​Again, I agree. The only other RDMS which I have used on the
aforementioned system, which was not especially designed for it (DB2), is
Derby (pure Java implementation). SQLite is, IMO, much nicer. And it is
definitely ​much less of a "hog".

--
The temperature of the aqueous content of an unremittingly ogled
culinary vessel will not achieve 100 degrees on the Celsius scale.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown