Hi. As described, I am very much a novice with this sort of stuff, so
apologies in advance. Also, for the sake of completeness, I tend to be a
bit long-winded, so again…

I have had a Squeezebox Touch for several years now. When I first got
it, I had Logitech Media Server software installed and running on BOTH
my iMAC and my Macbook Air laptop. I was able to switch back and forth
between using these 2 computers with my Squeezebox Touch (I think both
machines were using LMS software 7.5.4 or 7.5.5 at the time). I dont
want to go into the details why, as this will get very wordy, but it was
very handy for me to be able to switch back and forth to play different
music content on the 2 different computers.

Fast forward a few years and I had a hardware issue with my Macbook Air
while under warranty; Apple's response to my problem was to give me a
brand new Macbook Air on which they basically copied or ‘re-wrote’ the
entire hard drive to mirror what was on it previously. I felt it was a
very generous solution to my problem. However, from that moment on (this
happened a couple of years ago) the LMS software on the laptop would no
longer function. For the time being I have been using only the iMAC with
my Squeezebox Touch, but I’d like to see if I could still get LMS to
work on my Macbook Air again as well.

The new Macbook Air Apple gave me had the OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks
installed, and I had always assumed that was the reason that the LMS
software would not work properly anymore (the previous laptop had been
using OSX 10.7 Lion). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling LMS software
on the laptop, and also tried installing newer versions, but nothing has
worked. Previously, I think it had been using LMS 7.5.4 or 7.5.5 (can’t
recall for sure). Currently I have 7.8.1 installed and the server wont
even start up (when I click on ‘Start Server’ it immediately just stops
and says “The server is stopped.”)

My iMAC which is still currently functioning ok using LMS software 7.5.5
is still using OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. A couple of years ago, I
upgraded the software on the iMAC on a whim (I think it was to 10.9
Mavericks), and the LMS software on this machine also stopped working,
so I had to revert back to Snow Leopard on the iMAC again. I have been
afraid to upgrade the OS on the iMAC since then for fear that the LMS
software wont work again on either machine.

Can someone help direct me to determine what to do to get LMS software
to work on both computers again? Thanks in advance, and happy to go over
any details that I missed.