I'm just doing another restart, although I had already restarted the NAS
before.

I don't quite see why I should restart the router - it is working, and
has nothing to do with what's going on on the NAS, other than the
communication needed to control it from my computer's browser. And that
works perfectly.

My normal Music folder used to be share/Public/Music. The Playlists were
in share/Public/Music/Playlists, so they were in a separate folder. But
as described above, the folder selection dialog in LMS's setting doesn't
show these subdirectories anymore, although they do still exist, as I
can see in the QNAP's file station.

To try if it works with directories that can be selected from within
LMS, I switched both to share/Multimedia. It contains a couple mp3
files, I can see them in the QNAP's file station.

But LMS does not see them.