When the laptop is connected via etWhen the SB3 obtains the IP address
automatically, it comes up with 192.168.1.70. It connects to "Laptop
192.168.1.64" - this works. Even though in LMS Control Panel it says the
Server IP Address is 192.168.1.72.

Then I go to wireless. I stopped and restarted LMS to be on the safe
side. The Server IP Address in LMS Control Panel is unchanged. On the
SB3 I go to Set Up Networking -> Connect to ethernet network -> Obtain
IP Automatically (192.168.1.70) -> Connect to server (Laptop
102.168.1.72). It then waits for about 10 seconds saying connecting to
server, but fails.

I am sorry, but i don't know about subnets and so on. Am prety sure the
guest account on the router isn't enabled. For some reason when I try to
get the SB3 to connect to the network wirelessly it sees all my
neighbours' routers but not mine, even though I have both 2.4 and 5GHz
networks enabled, and all my other devices see the router.