Although I own 3 Classics, 1 Touch, 1 Radio & 1 Transporter, I still
consider myself an amateur when it comes to playing around with (or
really - screwing up) my hardware/software. I obviously enjoy my music
and the ability to play what I want from my iTunes library. I am
currently on 7.7.5 on an iMac running Sierra 10.12.4.

I recently discovered that my playlists on my Squeezebox units will not
update from changes made in iTunes. A while ago I discovered that I
cannot save a Smart Playlist as a Favorite. Doing a clear library and
rescan does not help.

Will updating to 7.9 help me get my Squeezebox units to play what I have
in iTunes and/or what I add online to the Logitech Media Server page? At
least I can still play most of my library and would like to keep doing
so.

Thank you!

Please keep remedies/solutions simple so my simple brain can follow...