chrissy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> under linux, the first thing executed in a binary file is the linker
> loader, usually located in /lib or /lib64 on 64 bit systems and named
> ld-linux.so.3 or some different number. The linkerloader is hardwired in
> the binary. If the linker loader is different in the binary and there is
> no linker loader with the correct name, you will get the message "file
> not found" when the binary is executed. For example, on my cubietruck
> with armbian 5.25, the binary of, for example faad in the
> /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/arm-linux dirctory, which seems to be
> used as default are linked with ld-linux.so.3, which does not exist by
> default on my system. The existing linker loader is ld-linux-armhf.so.3
> .If you put a symbolic link with the command ln -s
> /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 /lib/ld-linux.so.3 the binary finds the correct
> linker loader. An alternative would be to copy the working binaries into
> the default directoy ie. copy them from the
> /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/armhf-linux to
> /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/arm-linux or change the default search
> directory from /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/arm-linux to
> /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/armhf-linux , but I don't know how it's
> done. The way adding a symbolic link worked for me.
>
> If you dont know how the linker loader of your binary is named, you will
> have to use a hexeditor like HxD under windows to figure out how the
> linker loader is named.  ( copy the executable to a location that is
> served with samba, map the directoy in windows and open it with HxD and
> search for ld- which should be in the first few lines). But for lms it
> should be the names mentioned above.
> Hope this cears up things.
>
> Greets
> Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the well written Italian reply.  Just kidding! :)  But the
content do read a little a like a foreign language to the
non-linux-adept me.

I was thinking, if I rename the "wrong" bin folder (i386-linux) to
something like i386-linux-old, and then create a symbolic link named
"i386-linux" pointing to "x86_64-linux" (supposedly the right folder),
then restart LMS, would it achieve what you are saying?

Sorry for my inability to understand such technical details.

Thanks again.